Billings and Accounts Receivable Lead
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Position Summary:Reporting to the Manager of Financial Services and Reporting, the Accounts Receivable Lead will oversee the daily operations of the Billings and Accounts Receivable (BAR) department, maintain the BAR dictionaries and act as the BAR representative to the NEON group.
- Assist in skill testing for hiring and performance reviews.
- Attend NEON-BAR meetings and fulfill performance reviews.
- Be the point of first contact for all inter departmental or external BAR related matters.
- Conduct periodic reviews of bad debt and co-ordinate with the credit bureau.
- Development of new procedures and policies in relation to billings or accounts receivable.
- Perform Year End procedures and co-ordinate with external auditors.
- Provide training to BAR clerks as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring all BAR tasks are completed. This would include:
- Delegation of tasks and maintenance of workflow balance.
- Review and verification of BAR clerks' work and,
- Reconciliation duties
- Role model exemplary behavior and maintain good staff morale.
- Solve any technical problem within the BAR system.
- Update and maintain the BAR dictionary within Meditech.
- Update fee schedules/regulatory rates.
- Assist with other tasks within the Business Office as required.
- College diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
- 5 years of Billing and Accounts Receivable experience.
- 2 years of Meditech experience.
- Knowledge of Healthcare based insurance policies
- Understanding of OHA’s framework for Healthcare accounting.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently. Must be able to coach team members on best practices.
- Must be able to follow complex instructions.
- Must be alert, possess a good memory and attention to detail, a pleasant personality and demonstrate evidence of tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with people.
- Must be responsible and accountable.
- Must possess the physical ability to work while sitting most of the working day and to travel short distances in the Hospital.
- Must show initiative and be able to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must possess the ability to provide effective services to clients/patients in both English and French. Individuals who do not meet the language requirements of this posting are invited to submit their resume for future consideration.
Interested applicants must submit their resume by February 23rd, 2018 to: Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Krista Dumouchel email, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EXEMPLARY CARE TO NORTHERNERS
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS