CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (Information Technology Division) (Competition #: ITD-2018-01)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
The City of Timmins, population 45,000, is centrally located in Northeastern Ontario and is a regional centre for shopping, culture, commerce, health and education. In addition to offering modern amenities such as a regional hospital, superior telecommunications infrastructure and an airport that supports both scheduled daily flights and private carriers, a vast area of rugged wilderness is available minutes from the city’s residential area. Over 500 lakes, rivers and streams are accessible by road, or through a network of ATV or snowmobile trails, all within city limits. The City of Timmins is recognized as a growing, innovative, regional hub that is culturally and economically diverse and offers a unique, northern quality of life.
The City of Timmins is presently accepting applications for the full-time position of Chief Information Officer – Information Technology Division. This position is responsible for managing the human and financial resources of the Division and successfully implementing the Corporation’s IT Strategic Plan. Reporting directly to the Director of Corporate Services, the successful candidate will bring vision and leadership to the City’s IT Division.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
· Participate in strategic governance planning of the Corporation as it relates to Information Technology and telecommunications services.
· Foster innovation, prioritize IT initiatives and coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology initiatives across the organization.
· Establish IT divisional goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
· Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of resources in IT systems and services.
· Implement, track, and control the Division’s annual operating and capital budgets.
· Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and system requirements for new technology initiatives.
· Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
· Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
· Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
· Ensure IT system operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
· Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices.
· Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Degree in computer science or business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 5 years of progressively responsible senior management experience, preferably in a municipal setting including significant management roles in IT.
- Proven experience in IT strategic planning, architecture and IT operations execution.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, budgeting and business office operations.
- Significant experience with enterprise project management methodologies and practices.
- Proven experience in IT resource planning, organization, and development.
- Experience in the areas of assessing IT investments, managing operating and capital budgets and developing business cases and cost analysis.
- Current and clear Criminal Background Check required.
SALARY & BENEFITS: As per the Non-Union Remuneration and Benefits Program
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by the closing date of February 26, 2018.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
FAX: 705-360-2685 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”
“Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.”
“Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER