CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES (Corporate Services Division) (Competition No.: HRD-2018-01)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this position is responsible for the front-line duties for a wide variety of resident matters relating to City of Timmins business as well as providing administrative support for various departments.
· Welcome the public and provide direction and information in relation to City of Timmins services, procedures, practices, policies, operations and programs.
· Satisfy public inquiries in a professional, courteous, tactful and efficient manner in order to present a high standard of public relations at all times;
· Ensure thorough and timely response and resolution to all customer-related issues and inquiries;
· Process a variety of financial transactions for City services and programs including receiving payments and providing receipts; processing cash receipts and preparing bank deposits; booking City facilities;
· Process payments, permits and applications for a variety of City Services and programs;
· Research, document and suggest additions/edits to corporate knowledge base as appropriate;
· Prepare statistical reports as required;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Two-year community college diploma in Business Administration, Communications or Accounting;
· Minimum three years related experience in the field of front-line customer service;
· Ability to multi-task and attention to detail in receiving and posting various forms of payment, processing various applications, licenses, and service requests for the public is essential;
· Must have advanced knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with computer software programs (e.g. Customer Relation Management System and Microsoft Office Suite);
· Demonstrated ability to problem solve;
· Excellent verbal communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational, multi-tasking and work prioritization skills;
· Demonstrated understanding of issues related to maintaining privacy and confidentiality of information;
· Current, clear Criminal Background Check;
· Bilingualism is mandatory.
SALARY LEVEL 5: $25.08 - $29.51 (2018) In accordance with CUPE Local 434 (Under Review)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by the closing date of January 19, 2017.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”
“Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.”
“Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER