Fire Extinguisher Technician
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Are you ready to take on new challenges in a growing and stimulating environment dedicated to protecting lives? SPI is looking for an energetic, proactive and motivated individual who is customer oriented with strong communication skills to fill the position of Fire Extinguisher Technician in Timmins, Ontario.
• Inspect, repair, troubleshoot and test fire extinguishers using hand tools, hydrostatic test equipment and monitoring devices;
• Dismantle extinguishers and examine mechanical parts, extinguishing agents and expelling means;
• Replace worn or damaged parts;
• Clean extinguishers and recharge them with approved materials;
• Make safety a priority by complying with health and safety standards;
• Contribute to team efforts by performing any other related tasks;
• Keep the shop clean.
• One (1) year experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities;
• Basic knowledge of fire standards and products;
• Ability to read plans, knowledge and ability in electricity and / or mechanics (an asset);
• Skills in the inspection, repair, maintenance, and testing techniques for fire safety equipment;
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders, crawl in tight spaces, bend and kneel, and capable to move, lift and push loads of 50 lbs+;
• Good knowledge of MS Office;
• Valid driver’s licence with clean driver’s abstract;
• Bilingual (English & French).
We take care of you:
• Great work environment with room for growth;
• For your position, we have you dressed from head to toe with our own personal clothing line;
• Wide range of social benefits, including group insurance and a pension plan;
• Three weeks vacation after one year so you can take some well deserved time off;
• We like to get together throughout the year with holiday parties, family picnics/barbecues and community events to have some FUN!!!!
This is a full-time position. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check. If you posses the required qualifications, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Be part of our team and grow with us!