Full-Time • Timmins Region
Aramark Remote Workplace Services and CreeQuest are looking for a janitorial lead for our remote location in Northern Ontario. Strong janitorial experience and a familiarity with remote camp work is required for this leadership position.
Scope: Responsible for the daily supervision of Janitorial duties.
- Accountable and responsible for maintaining a culture focused on having Safety as a value
- Meet daily with the Head Camp Attendant to discuss daily work and cleaning assignments
- Supervise Staff as they clean and maintain all areas of facilities, including but not limited to: floors, front entrances, hallways, washrooms, recreation rooms, office complexes, boot rooms and utility rooms
- Ensure guests/clients at site receive superior customer service
- Keep inventory of cleaning supplies and order when necessary
- Receive and distribute cleaning supplies/coffee supplies/linen to bunk houses/buildings/storage areas.
- Ensure all chemicals and cleaners are safely stored in proper storage containers and areas by complying with WHMIS and HSE guidelines. Knowledgeable in Chemical use, WHMIS and Personal Protective Equipment. Familiar with emergency protocol on site.
- Shall be aware of all safety meetings and participate in Client and/or Aramark Emergency Response Procedures
- Organizing and presenting of Daily toolbox meetings
- Supervision of staff while on shift
- Assisting in water delivery, with the use of hoist and forklift.
- Conduct Daily Audits of Janitorial work and following up with employees to ensure best performance. Weekly Accountability and Health & Safety reports, Quality Assurance Reports, Go Spot Check.
- Additional duties may be assigned
Physical Demands Requirements: (Must be able to)
- Stand and squat for long periods of time with scheduled breaks
- Short and long distance walking required. Ability to work and navigate safely in close quarters
- Use of step stools and stairs
- Use force when push/pulling carts that weigh an average of 22.5 kg
- Frequently reach below waist, waist to shoulder and above shoulder with frequent neck/back/torso twisting from left to right without restriction, reaching horizontally usually less than 50cm but on occasion can exceed 50cm
- Must be able to crouch, bend neck, back, and torso from waist to floor, and must be able to twist from left to right without restriction
- Frequently lift an average weight of approximately 12kg with a maximum of 22kg. On occasion where weight may be greater than 22 kg assistance from another person or a manual lifting aid is mandatory
- Perform repetitive movements at the wrist including side to side/up or down and multiple grasps of an average 5kg with a maximum of 10kg. Simple, power and fine finger manipulation for duration of scheduled shift.
- Able to work in a dusty environment while delivering water within the process plant.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Ability to hear and understand verbal instruction as well as other sounds such as safety alarms
- Ability to communicate effectively; written and orally in English
- Must be able to see without impairment for inspection purposes and ability to read small text such as product warning labels
- Mainly indoor work required however some outdoor work on occasion
- Ability to work and navigate safely in close quarters and congested areas
- Ability to balance and maintain stability on slippery surfaces
- Ability to work split shifts within a rotational schedule
- May be exposed periodically to elevated noise levels and surroundings
- Ability and willingness to travel/work long rotations away from home
- Ability to understand the rules of driving on the ore road, as well as light vehicle roads.
- Class “G” License
- 1+ years Janitorial experience preferably in remote camp or hotel/hospitality industries
- Valid WHMIS & Worker Health & Safety Awareness in 4 Steps Certification is mandatory, First Aid Certification is an asset
- Candidates must be able to clear a drug and alcohol test
- Additional certification may be required by work location
- Must be able to operate self powered equipment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently
- Communication skills
- Strong with prioritization and time management
- Ability and willingness to travel/work long rotations away from home.
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment
- Team player