MANAGER OF QUALITY, RISK AND RESIDENT EXPERIENCE (Golden Manor Home for the Aged) (Competition No.: GM-2017-20)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Reporting to the Administrator, the Manager of Quality, Risk and Resident Experience provides leadership and support for the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality improvement and risk management programs at the Golden Manor. The position will provide management oversight for the Day Program, Home Support and Volunteer Drivers Program, Adjuvant Department, student and volunteer placement, and emergency planning. As a member of the Supervisor Team, the Manager of Quality, Risk and Resident Experience demonstrates a commitment to resident safety, and the provision of quality care through an integrated quality framework.
1. Facilitates or assists with the development, monitoring and reporting of quality/performance indicators.
2. Chairs the Quality Committee and coordinates committee activities and reporting.
3. Supports clinical and non-clinical departments and teams with quality improvement initiatives.
4. Applies quality improvement frameworks in the implementation of QI initiatives.
5. Provides leadership to the development of an organizational scorecard that includes standardized risk indicators, performance metrics, established benchmarks, quality and risk activities and outcomes.
6. Conducts and/or supports the execution of scheduled and random audits, collates the data, and develops reports with recommendations for improvement in collaboration with the Supervisory Team.
7. Participates as required in the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Quality Inspection Program, and supports follow-up to the report.
8. Provides leadership and support to the accreditation process to achieve and maintain accreditation status at the Golden Manor.
B. Risk Management
1. Receives and follows up on all concerns/complaints received from residents, family members, volunteers or visitors regarding the Home and its services in accordance with the Long Term Care Homes Act (LTCHA), 2007 and Golden Manor Policy.
2. Fulfills the role of Privacy Officer - maintains confidentiality in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and other relevant legislation; responds to requests for information; develops and implements required policy; provides education as required.
3. Oversees emergency planning activities for the organization.
C. Resident Experience
1. Oversees the development, implementation, maintenance and supervision of a recreational and leisure program for the facility, along with spiritual and religious programs.
2. Leads the resident and staff satisfaction survey processes, including refinement of survey tools, communications strategy for survey roll-out, data analysis and reporting requirements, dissemination of findings and action planning in response to findings.
3. Functions as the assistant to the Residents’ and Family Councils as required by the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007.
4. Oversees the updating and maintenance of the Golden Manor web page to ensure stakeholders are kept apprised and informed.
5. Provides managerial oversight to the development, implementation, maintenance and supervision of a recreational and leisure program for the facility, along with spiritual and religious programs, and the Community and Home Support Program.
6. Ensures that quality initiatives and resident experience is aligned with the Home’s vision and mission.
1. Participates on the Supervisor weekly on-call roster.
2. Participates on internal and external committees as required.
· Diploma in Health Sciences or Quality Management or a related field required. A degree would be considered an asset.
· Completion of a program on continuous quality improvement preferred.
· Participation in continuing education related to quality improvement including workshops and courses such as Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) or similar program.
· A solid understanding of data i.e. audit tools, performance metrics, surveys, and how they are used to measure quality, improve existing programs or develop new processes.
· Familiarity with the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, inspection protocols and compliance requirements is required.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interpret legislation, prepare and deliver reports, develop policies and effectively communicate information to various audiences.
· A working knowledge of computers, their application and related programs and software as required to communicate and generate necessary reports.
· Organizational skills to prioritize work and ensure deadlines are met.
· Previous supervisory experience preferred.
· Current and clear Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
SALARY & BENEFITS: As per the Non-Union Remuneration and Benefits Program – UNDER REVIEW
BY MAIL:220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3 HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.” WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER