Pediatric Shift Nurse
Part-Time • Timmins Region
Bayshore Home Health is looking to hire a mature, responsible individual with excellent interpersonal skills to provide one on one care for a pediatric patient. Shifts are in a private home setting and mostly nights. Occasional day shifts may be available. Scheduling is flexible and can accommodate other commitments.
The Registered Nurse/ Registered Practical Nurse, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; report any unusual circumstances to the branch office or to the immediate supervisor.
• Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
• Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated. • Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been completed.
• Observe and document client conditions according to Bayshore Home Health standards.
• Receive and transcribe physician’s orders.
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Complete other tasks as requested.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current registration with the provincial licensing body. The position also requires a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of community nursing.
Resumes should be sent no later than Sept 29, 2017 @ 4:00 p.m.