Full-Time • Timmins Region
JOB POSTING #005-17
JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist – Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: In-Home Therapy
BARGAINING AGENT: OPSEU
LOCATION: Timmins Branch Office
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
The Physiotherapist is responsible for the provision of physiotherapy services to Home and Community Care patients in order to reduce, eliminate, or prevent physical disabilities/impairments and improve the patient’s functional independence and safety in their respective environment.
- Registered Physiotherapist in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
- In-depth knowledge of physiotherapy services and other community resources;
- Good understanding of the roles of health care professionals;
- Relevant physiotherapy experience in a community/health care environment;
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of physiotherapy tools, processes, equipment, and assistive technology;
- Knowledge of funding agencies related to the physiotherapy recommendations;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. regarding the provision of health care services, privacy, health and safety, etc.);
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and professional guidelines set forth by CPO;
- Ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work with diverse patient groups, case managers, family members/caregivers/Substitute Decision Makers, health care professionals, community organizations and service providers;
- Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means including reports, letters, meetings, and presentations;
Working knowledge of computer software (email, internet) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel);
Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English and French is essential.
Less qualified candidates may be considered. However, candidates who meet all requirements will be given priority for an interview.
Physiotherapists may qualify for a Rehabilitation Professionals Incentive Grant of $5,000 per year for three years which is paid by the Underserviced Area Program of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
The NE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Please refer to posting #005-17 when applying.