Full-Time • Timmins Region
We are looking for an experienced Plumber to efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from fixing leakages to installing pipes and HVAC systems. A successful plumber must have a thorough knowledge of hydraulic systems. They are patient individuals with a practical mind and manual dexterity, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail.
The goal is to install and maintain well-functioning systems that transport water, waste, gases or hot liquids.
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring)
- Install and maintain water supply systems
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks)
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair commercial appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks) etc.
- Install waste disposal and sanitary systems with well-functioning systems
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing;
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size;
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors;
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings;
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment;
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Proven experience as a plumber
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in commercial and industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship
- Valid license to practice profession
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Natural Gas License; Driver’s License; Plumber Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years