Registered Nurse/ Registered Practical Nurse
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Bayshore Home Health is looking to hire an experienced RN/RPN with a minimum of 2000 clinical hours who can work autonomously and with little supervision to provide one on one care in a community setting.
The RN/ RPN, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; report any unusual circumstances to the branch office or to the immediate supervisor.
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been completed.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current registration with the provincial licensing body. The position also requires a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of community nursing.
Proficiency in IV therapy, wound care (including NPWT), feed pumps and g tube care, catheter care, tracheostomy care, ostomy care and palliative care is a must.
All interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Sept 29-17. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.