Full-Time • Timmins Region
Based in Timmins, the Senior Accountant will report to the CFO in Toronto, supporting all accounting and financial functions.
- Assist with planning, organizing and evaluating the
operation of the accounting department
- Participate in developing systems and accounting
procedures for the site, under the direction of the CFO
- Data entry relating to all financial aspects for
the site: creating invoices and purchase orders, entering financial information
- Verifying invoice against purchase orders, ensuring
delivery of appropriate materials and accuracy of accounting documents or
- Compile data and prepare various reports.
- Ensure the accuracy, reliability and completeness
of monthly, quarterly and/or yearly financial information.
- Analysis of actual costs versus established budget;
ensuring the results of business operations by reviewing financial and
budgetary statements and making appropriate corrections for any deviations
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years in
a senior accounting position along with post-secondary education in a related
- Professional accounting
designation an asset.
- Knowledge of internal
accounting and related procedures, as well as proven experience overseeing
accounting functions in an organization, preferably in the mining or heavy
- Must have strong verbal
and written communication
- Will be proactive,
dedicated and motivated with the goal of playing a role in the organization’s
- Strong computer skills;
proficient in Quickbooks and Excel