Senior Electrical Engineer – Industrial and Mining
Full-Time • Timmins Region
JLR is seeking an Electrical Engineer for its Timmins office with a minimum of 15 years of related experience since graduating from an accredited engineering program. The successful candidate will have experience completing engineering design for either heavy industrial or mining applications. When applying, please include the following text in the subject line of your e-mail: SrEEngTim.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Concept design, design development, internal coordination, peer review, contract administration, and commissioning during construction of industrial projects;
- Carrying out and directing visits to client sites and construction sites, and reporting on observations;
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and budget estimates;
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines and architects on multidisciplinary projects;
- Mentoring junior staff; and
- Travelling between JLR offices from time to time to meet the needs of various projects and/or for training purposes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a degree in Electrical Engineering and hold a valid license to practice engineering in the Province of Ontario;
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of related experience since graduating from an accredited program;
- Related Electrical Engineering experience in heavy industrial or mining environments designing power, instrumentation, or control systems;
- Experience in PLC programming would be considered an asset;
- Project management experience would be considered an asset;
- Excellent analytic, oral, and written communication skills;
- Highly self-motivated and a self-starter;
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset;
- Ability to work in teams consisting of people with varying backgrounds; and
- Valid driver’s license.
Why Join Us?
- Friendly and welcoming work environment;
- Flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path;
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development;
- Opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Stable, long-term employment;
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere;
- “Open-door” policy where communication is encouraged;
- Interesting assignments ranging in size and type;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Merit-and-profit bonus program;
- Great benefits and retirement plan;
- 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged; and
- Extracurricular social events.
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com. We look forward to and appreciate your submissions but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.