Full-Time • Timmins Region
J.L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is a fully integrated, multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm. We are 100% employee-owned. Our portfolio is broad, covering institutional, commercial, government, and industrial market sectors. Our firm has designed a wide variety of projects throughout Canada and around the world.
JLR's Timmins office is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Structural Technologist.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the production of construction documents for structural projects for industrial, commercial, and institutional clients;
- Assisting structural engineers and other technologists with project execution during all project phases;
- Coordinating with the architectural department, as well as other engineering departments on multidisciplinary projects;
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders; and
- Travelling between JLR offices for training purposes and to meet the needs of various projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Civil, Structural, or Architectural Technology Diploma from a recognized post-secondary school;
- OACETT designation or eligibility for designation as a C.E.T.;
- Proficiency in the current versions of AutoCAD and Revit;
- Proficiency in the current version of Microstation would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of building codes, building materials (reinforced concrete and structural steel, in particular), and construction techniques;
- Familiarity with the design methodology of structures such as foundations, buildings, bridges, and heavy equipment support structures;
- Sound understanding of drafting principles and standards;
- Ability to produce quality deliverables and to monitor project tasks;
- Excellent analytic, oral, and written communication skills;
- Driven self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Willingness to travel for project assignments and training opportunities as required; and
- Valid driver’s license.
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position. Applications can be submitted to email@example.com