Driver's Education Instructor (23-79)
Part-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: Driver's Education Instructor (23-79)
STATUS: Temporary, Part Time
CAMPUS: Timmins, Kirkland Lake and Haileybury
STARTING SALARY: To be determined
HOURS OF WORK: 0-35 hrs/wk
START DATE: Immediately
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Northern College is seeking an MTO approved & Licensed Driver's Education Instructor in our Northern Training Division. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills (verbal and written, will be able to adapt to change, be punctual and patient.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Manager of Community and Business Development, the successful candidate will provide quality training, tailored to the individual student's pace, availability, and learning style. The incumbent will help students gain the skills and knowledge needed to become a safe driver through a variety of methods of instruction, including in-class, online, and in-car instructions.
What you will be doing:
- Provide comprehensive in-car driving instruction emphasizing safe practices and adherence to traffic laws;
- Tailor instruction to meet students' unique needs, fostering responsible and skilled drivers;
- Instill a commitment to defensive driving and safety;
- Provide classroom instruction to cover theoretical aspects of driving, including road signs and rules; and
- Prepare progress evaluation, including assessing student progress and offering constructive feedback.
What you will need to be considered:
- MTO approved & licensed in-car instructor;
- Basic driver's Ed classroom instructor course; and
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a class G driver's license.
The incumbent will be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/